[TR] Aero Kroil

Ted Schumacher tedtsimx at bright.net
Thu May 28 18:51:54 MDT 2009

Bob and list, the best solvent/bolt loosener/whateveryouwanttocallit is
MOPAR heat riser solvent. The older 6 or straight 8 cylinder cars, say
up to the early '60', had heat risers in the exhaust manifold. This was
a flap type valve that was open when cold and closed , bimetallic strip,
when the engine warmed up. This gave better cold start up running by
heating the intake manifold.  Cold cast iron going to hot generate
moisture which would rust the heat riser flap closed.  MOPAR heat riser
solvent would free these up.  If the solvent didn't work, it was torch
time.  Problem is, no longer available.  Try to find an old time
Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth dealer and see if they have any on a dusty back
shelf.  Ted (who guards his very well)