[TR] Windage Tray

banc8004 at comcast.net banc8004 at comcast.net
Mon May 25 07:45:33 MDT 2009

Carl: you can find a windage tray here:
http://www.crank-scrapers.com/Triumph.html

Here is what Crank Scrapers claim as benefits:

What are some of the benefits?

B7 Less rotating mass for the engine to accelerate because of the removed oil

B7 Less loss of power because of excessive drag caused by the windage cloud

B7 Helps reduce engine damaging oil-foaming

B7 Helps avoid oil starvation by keeping the oil in the pan during hard
braking and turning as well as during off-road driving

B7 Helps to cool critical engine parts by quickly returning heated oil to the
sump

B7 Helps to prevent the cylinder walls from being overloaded with oil

B7 Can help with fuel efficiency

Modern cars have them as standard. I think I read somewhere that you'll get 3
to 5 HP.

Scraper and baffle are around $250. Add $100 for teflon blades that bed in to
match your spinning bits perfectly.

...it is on my list of 'things to do...'

Cheers,

Brian