[TR] TR6 Overdrive wiring questions (A type)

Steve Smith dogzbody1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 08:32:50 MDT 2009

Hi all

I managed to find an od gearbox for my early TR6 and have completed the "mechanical" portion of the install.  Now comes the hard part (for me) - the wiring.  I've read everything that I could find on the internet including Mark Gibson's very helpful conversion notes but I have a few questions - some will seem obtuse but I want to get it right.  I purchased the installation kit from Quantum Mechanics so I have all the correct bits.  Now for my inane questions:

1.  The routing for the switch wiring isn't obvious to me.  Does the wire enter the column begind the light switch to come out of the bottom and run in the "tray"" underneath?

2. I've connected the upper"harness to the relay and fuse box and now need to route the harness back to the switch and the gearbox.  Is there a particular route for this?  I was thinking that I'd go around the back of the wiper motor and through the same grommet as either the oil line or speedometer cable.

3. That's another question - what is the correct routing for the speedometer cable?

I may have more ?s as the day wears on but this will get me well on my way!

Thanks for any help and insight that you can provide.

best wishes
Steve