[TR] TTA Stag Setback

Ann and Tim Buja thebujas at comcast.net
Mon May 25 00:06:39 MDT 2009

I wish I had better "bad" news to deliver.

The good news is that none of the three people in the car were injured.

The bad news is that the TTA Stag suffered a catastrophic gearbox failure
just after 7pm on Sunday evening on its third drive of the day.  The gearbox
case broke as it was being shifted from 3rd to neutral and before it could
be put in 4th. The remains of the gearbox and the overdrive fell to the
pavement, and then broke the exhaust and driveshaft as the 1st/2nd/3rd gear
cluster shaft dug into the pavement and launched the car over it.

A brief write-up and three photos are online at
http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

We're already trying to find a solution for quickly replacing the gearbox
and exhaust.

Things were going so well today, too!

Tim Buja