[TR] vote criterion

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Thu May 21 15:30:12 MDT 2009

In a message dated 5/20/2009 11:52:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Loumetelko at aol.com writes:

Personally I will never vote for a car with the bonnet closed!   Being  a
confirmed Concours freak, I look for  "correctness"

Hey Lou,
Me Too!  I would certainly vote for your car for I know how hard it is  to
restore a TR2 to anything approaching correctness. I know how much you  love
your Triumph and I know that you think trailers are for boats, therefore
you drive your TR2 while maintaining it to exacting original standards.  Much
easier IMHO to restore and maintain those "anything goes  modified
Triumphs" with modern parts.  I like to reward an owners  accomplishments and
correct and still driven is the top of the  mountain for me.

That being said, I will vote for a modified car too if no "correct cars"
are present and worthy.  OK I confess, I will vote for a friend, I will  vote
for a well know driver Triumph,  I will vote for a well know Triumph
owner, I will vote for a Trailer Queen if it is obviously well done, I will vote
for a Triumph with a good story behind it, sometimes I even vote for the
second  place car since I already know which one will win class and yes I will
vote for  my own car. Point is it all depends and I have no pre-conceived
notion that only  one Triumph type is worthy of recognition.
We are all Family, even though there may be different strokes for different
 folks,
Darrell