[TR] A blast from the past

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Thu May 21 05:49:08 MDT 2009

Frank wrote:
but I still
> found a great place in southern California, and my new country has been
> wonderfully kind, gracious and allowed me some limited prosperity.
> you are a strange bunch at times, but so much like us English, that i cant
> help but love you all

And for those listers who don't understand "us Brits" because we drive on the wrong side of the
road, drink warm beer, talk with an oddball accent and (used to make) funny little cars, what Frank
said of you is indeed a compliment. And it's one of the reasons why I'm so looking forward to
traversing your continent later this summer in the Triumph Trans-AmeiCan Stag - US Embassy in London
and my visa permitting :)

Jonmac