[TR] A blast from the past

FGFO1 at aol.com FGFO1 at aol.com
Wed May 20 22:40:18 MDT 2009

I was not in America in the 1950's 60's or 70's. but I was in love with
America.
WW2 rationing continued for a little while into the 50's in England. And
the 60's where still recovery years with union strife and a struggle to make
ends meet. but a fine country.
The 50's in America especially seemed so wonderful, peace, great cars,
every one was middle class, smiled a lot, and lived well.
Hollywood, hot rods, great big winged cars, drive in's all led to my
addiction. Especially for a kid from the slums of Liverpool.
and after 15 years of trying I finally won my visa in a lottery.
Its not the 50's any more. I missed that, I got here too late. but I still
found a great place in southern California, and my new country has been
wonderfully kind, gracious and allowed me some limited prosperity.
you are a strange bunch at times, but so much like us English, that i cant
help but love you all
Frank