[TR] Bonnets, was Re: vote criterion

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Wed May 20 13:13:12 MDT 2009

----- fishplate at charter.net wrote:

> When I go to car shows (which are more general in nature than our
> marque-specific shows) I hate to see cars with the bonnet/hod open.
> To me, the car is art, and while one engine looks pretty much the same
> as the next, the beauty is in the lines of the car - which are spoiled
> by open bonnets, boots, etc.

Oh, good.  It's not just me.

And not just because my engines are not cleaned with a toothbrush.

The Seven is very tidy and attractive in the office, but when I show it, it will have the bonnet affixed so it looks like a complete car.  For another thing, the darn thing could blow away if not tied down somehow...

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier