[TR] Bonnets, was Re: vote criterion

fishplate at charter.net fishplate at charter.net
Wed May 20 12:41:03 MDT 2009

> Personally I will never vote for a car with the bonnet closed!

> I too do not vote for cars with bonnets closed, not because of concours
> issues but because I know that is a sign they are hiding something.

When I go to car shows (which are more general in nature than our marque-specific shows) I hate to see cars with the bonnet/hod open.  To me, the car is art, and while one engine looks pretty much the same as the next, the beauty is in the lines of the car - which are spoiled by open bonnets, boots, etc.

I will be happy to open any cover for anyone who wants to see what's underneath, but when I show my car, it's as nature and Karmann and Michelotti intended...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.