[TR] vote criterion

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed May 20 11:02:22 MDT 2009

> Attended my first British show of the season this past Sunday in Columbus,
> Ohio and on the way back home (3 hour drive) I wondered what do you look
> for  before your cast your vote in Participant Choice shows?  With a line
> of
> say  a dozen TR6s, what determines your preference?

IMO, the whole idea of "Participant's Choice" awards is personal opinion of
the participants.  If you favor strict "by the book" originality, that's
just fine.  You vote your opinion, and I'll vote mine.

Consistent with my feeling that the proper way to enjoy these cars is to
drive them; I tend to favor cars that look "driven" rather than immaculate.
In general, I don't like "bling" (like badges), but I do like modifications
that improve functionality in modern traffic (in my opinion, of course).
For example, I consider the original tires to be totally inadequate for
modern traffic, so modern tires and/or wheels are a plus for me. Beyond
that, it's just things like which color combinations "work" for me.  I don't
like red and tend to favor blue or green (oddly enough, all my Triumphs are
either blue or green <G>).

-- Randall