[TR] 1976 TR6 air pump rattle

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon May 18 13:23:49 MDT 2009

Dave,
My air pump packed it in about 6 or 8 years ago. The first thing I did was
to do a test run to make sure it was the air pump making the noise. I was
pretty confident seeing as moving the pulley by hand felt and sounded like a
bunch of out of round marbles. Basically I ran the car bypassing the pulley
to see how things sounded. Then I removed the pump and all the hoses and
installed a plug in the EGR fitting. The carbon canister was left in place
and connected. A year ago I finally got around to removing the air rail from
the manifold and plugging it.
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/ManifoldRepair.htm

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U