[TR] 1976 TR6 air pump rattle

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Mon May 18 14:21:15 MDT 2009

Wow, David......you're still using the "smog pump"!!  Seriously, you  can
live very well without it and, in my opinion, your engine will thank  you.
But, as a far as the noise goes, try using a 2 foot section of garden  hose
(or similar rubber hose) as a stethoscope against the body of the  pump.  If
the bearings are rattling, you'll hear them loud-n-clear  in your ear.
Or......disconnect the belt to the air pump and see if  the noise goes away.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 5/18/2009 2:49:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,