[TR] Arrgghhh.

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Wed May 13 20:36:29 MDT 2009

On 13 May 2009 at 18:01, Bill wrote:

>  Today ... ah today ... battery appeared
> to be dead, dead, dead.  The ignition light would not ... light,
> even.  Hooked it up to my trusty Craftsman charger, set in on "Start
> Engine" ... click, click, click.

That sounds remarkably like an issue I had with my Spitifre.
Starting got harder and harder until eventually even my trusty
portable starter battery wouldn't help.  It appeared to be bad wiring
or solenoid or ground.  Yet bypassing them didn't help.  The problem
was thoroughly worn brushes in the motor.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+