[TR] Stay away from California!

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed May 13 07:48:03 MDT 2009

> I think it might be ok since the reservoir can (itself) does not leak.

It might be.

But being way down low like it is, and exposed to dust and dirt from the
road not to mention engine heat; the clutch slave on a TR is rather prone to
start leaking.  If it does, it will suck the clutch portion of the reservoir
dry.  If the partition leaks, it will also suck the brake portion dry.  All
this can happen without your touching the clutch or brake pedal.

And if you are already rolling down the freeway when that happens, stopping
to check it might be a problem.

I suppose we all take risks (even driving a TR3 is a risk compared to a
modern car); but personally I would want to fix that.  Other than having to
drain the reservoir, it should be an easy fix.  There is supposed to be a
soft (silicone perhaps) washer between the end of the circular partition and
the bottom of the reservoir.

Randall