[TR] Stay away from California!

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Tue May 12 20:35:56 MDT 2009

I hooked up my hydraulics for the second or third time now on my TR3.  Both
the brakes and clutch have new lines; but only the new pre-formed brake lines
are stainless steel.  There all mounted including the rebuilt reservoir and
new County Brand Master Cylinders.
     I added brake fluid to the centermost tube part of the reservoir (brake
fluid for the brakes only) and unfortunately it leaked into the outer chamber
(same fluid but intended for the clutch) after about 1 1/2 days.  Some folks
might find this 'slow transfer of fluid between cl. & brk. chambers'
unthinkable, I hope the "law" isin't among them who feel this way.  I think it
might be ok since the reservoir can (itself) does not leak. Neither do the
lines running between the reservoir and mc's. Once on the road, I'll be
diligent to inspect the level in this reservoir (for safety's sake).
      I remember when 'JustBrit Ed' told me to stay out of his state due to my
confession of brake caliper splitting.  I hope this 'brake fluid transfer'
doesn't cause a similiar reaction... or am I wrong?

Thanks, Paul