[TR] oil problem

John R Maneke jmaneke at centurytel.net
Wed Mar 18 08:08:47 MST 2009

Yes I do have roller rockers. Is this a common problem with them? I had
an aftermarket aluminium valve cover on for a while but it shed oil
even quicker than the factory cover , so I put the factory cover back
on since it has an internal baffle. There is a hose that goes from the
valve cover to the canister that holds two filters. The hose is not
centered and is much closer to one of the filters than the other. This
is the filter that is being coated with oil. Should I put in an oil
separator from Goodparts to correct this or is there something else
that I can do? Is this normal?
John Maneke