[TR] TR3A oil pressure

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Mar 18 08:34:08 MST 2009

Tony,
Is it possible that in removing the oil pressure gauge the line drained
back.  I did not "bleed" the line when I reinstalled the gauge and there is  now
air between the pressure reading mechanism and the oil in the line.  I  have
substituted a nylon line through which you can see that this is the case  when I
put in the substitute gauge.  As air is compressible and oil is not,  might
that account for a pressure read increase of 5 lbs as I drive the  car?
I drove about 50 miles this morning and confirmed that I am now seeing  70lbs
at idle of 950 rpm (BPNW 270 cam) and 80 lbs at speed until running for a
while and then it goes to 75 and 85.  I know I need to turn it down.
I used to idle at 600 but BPNW said to turn it up to 950 as my plugs seemed
to be loading with fuel when idling at a light if I did not punch the throttle
 occasionally.  It is good at 950.
Thanks
David

David  Lylis