[TR] Leaf Spring Front Attachment Pins

WCA09 at aol.com WCA09 at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 05:19:01 MST 2009

Hello, all.  I'm down to the frame in my TR3A restoration (tub  off).  And,
as predicted by those well versed in the art, the front  attachment pins for
the rear leaf springs are rusted solid in the frame.   Suggestions, please, on
how to remove them.  What's worked for you?   Heat, gear puller, hydraulics,
drill them out (ugh!) ?

The bolts appear to be in pretty good shape, so I suppose I could just  leave
them as is.  But the remote possibility that I might need to remove  them in
the future, with the body in place, makes me want to free them up.   So,
please, suggestions appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Bill
steps!