[TR] Nuts for the Head Studs TR-3

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Wed Mar 4 12:53:16 MST 2009

I haven't looked yet but try McMasters-Carr http://www.mcmaster.com/

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of bob at texmog.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 12:44 PM
To: Triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Nuts for the Head Studs TR-3

 I'm missing some of the nuts for the head studs on the engine I am building
( with the much appreciated help of many on this list).  I have some Grade 8
nuts that I was planning on using but after reading Uncle Jacks Engine
Rebuilding Tips I see where he recommends the use of 'Hardened and Ground'
washers. Which got me to wondering if Grade 8 nuts also not be appropriate.
So the question do I use Grade 8 nuts with the old washers, new grade 8
washers and nuts or find someone who can supply hardened nuts and washers?

Also if I have to get new nuts  any recommendations?  NWBP does not carry
them.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bob Nogueira
http://www.vtr.org