[TR] Nuts for the Head Studs TR-3

bob at texmog.com bob at texmog.com
Wed Mar 4 12:43:48 MST 2009

 I'm missing some of the nuts for the head studs on the engine I am building
( with the much appreciated help of many on this list).  I have some Grade 8
nuts that I was planning on using but after reading Uncle Jacks Engine
Rebuilding Tips I see where he recommends the use of 'Hardened and Ground'
washers. Which got me to wondering if Grade 8 nuts also not be appropriate.
So the question do I use Grade 8 nuts with the old washers, new grade 8
washers and nuts or find someone who can supply hardened nuts and washers?

Also if I have to get new nuts  any recommendations?  NWBP does not carry
them.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bob Nogueira