[TR] [British-cars] Testing the wiper motor

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 3 13:39:01 MST 2009

> My question is:  What connections do I use to run the motor for a few
> minutes to be sure everything is OK.  I don't seem to be able to find the
> right combination and the manual is no help.

Bill, did you not get my reply last Saturday?

If making the connection to terminals 1 and 2 does not make the motor run
continuously, then there is something wrong with your motor.

Terminal 2 normally gets power from the green wire (regardless of positive
or negative ground); while Terminal 1 gets grounded by the switch
(black/green wire) to make the motor run continuously.  The internal park
switch connects terminal 1 to ground until the motor is in it's "parked"
position.

This is assuming you have the correct motor for a 58 TR3A.  Earlier TR2-3
used a different motor without a park switch; but it should still run
continuously with power applied between the two terminals.

Randall