[TR] Testing the wiper motor

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Tue Mar 3 13:03:08 MST 2009

I disassembled/cleaned/re-assembled the wiper motor and gearbox for my '58
TR3A.  When I touched the hot wire to one of the poles, I am still pos
ground, the motor ran a few seconds then stopped.  Of course, this is what
it is supposed to do when it is turned off and goes to the rest position.

My question is:  What connections do I use to run the motor for a few
minutes to be sure everything is OK.  I don't seem to be able to find the
right combination and the manual is no help.

Thx,

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO