[TR] Fuel Pump

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jun 18 13:07:23 MDT 2009

> I think that I have seen
> shut-offs at the frame below the pump on some 3's, but either it was
> removed by a PO or it was never there.

The factory cheaped-out on the later cars, and deleted the shutoff.

> Does anyone have any advice on how to do it without draining the tank? I
> have my Craftsman 1/4" drive socket setup ready to go.

When you pull the soft line off the inlet to the pump, have something handy
to jam in to plug it.  A 1/4" extension would probably do.

The original tap is kind of a pain, and heavy enough that it needs to be
mounted to something, so I would suggest something more like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140323502238

-- Randall