[TR] Fuel Pump

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 00:25:02 MDT 2009

If an accident is bad enough to rupture your tank a shut off valve is
redundant.   I have a shut off valve mounted to the frame just under the front
of the drivers seat.  I extended the length of the valve shaft with a piece of
5/16" steel fuel line that protrudes through the floor of the car.  I threaded
the inside of the piece of fuel line with a tap that matched the threads on
the valve shaft.  Thus the handle for the shut off is in the passenger
compartment and I can easily shut off the fuel to the engine.  I used a 1/4"
ball type plumping valve.

Best regards,

Tom