[TR] Test Drive! Clutch Problems

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:25:07 MDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Michael Lang <mlang99 at comcast.net> wrote:

> ...The clutch is very slow to release...

You offer a very detailed account (with that cover off you can really see
what's going on).  I doubt more bleeding will help as what you describe
suggests to me that the TOB is moving away from the fingers on the pressure
plate immediately but that one or more of those fingers is slow to unspring.

I have never heard of this happening this way but I did have one finger on
my pressure plate fail.  Shifting gradually became more difficult until
finally the thing that the finger pivots in broke altogether:

http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/clutch1.JPG

It is possible that yours will free up with use.  If you have a 10-year-old
around the house, give him 5 bucks to sit in the drivers seat for an hour
working the clutch pedal up and down.

Geo