[TR] Test Drive! Clutch Problems

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sat Jun 13 20:11:03 MDT 2009

 The clutch is very slow to release. It takes about three seconds from the
time that I press on the clutch pedal until the load is removed...

Congratulations Mike on your first ride, what a feeling!

I would go back and re-bleed the clutch slave line, try the easiest thing
first.  Were the friction and pressure plates checked for true before you
put them in.

Then, it could be that there is just a lot of film/crud from sitting around
for seven years and a little more use will resolve it.

Good luck,

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO (in buckets, for sale... anyone?)