[TR] Let loose the flood...New questions:

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jun 12 20:06:12 MDT 2009

> 1. Can you replace everything 'in situ' except the pump-to-block gasket?

I believe so, but I would recommend taking it off anyway.  Unless you've
made other modifications in the area, it's not that bad; provided you have
the right tools.
http://www.jmwagnersales.com/fpit.html

> What is the difference, can someone offer a recommendation?

I'm not sure about the kit from Moss.  But I recently installed one from TRF
and was very impressed.  It includes some things that were not in the last
kit I bought, including a new screen for the sediment bowl, and the seal
underneath the diaphragm (which helps prevent gasoline in the oil when the
seal fails).  TRF apparently kits these things themselves.

Of course, the most important part is whether the diaphragm will stand up to
ethanol in our fuel or not.  I believe some of the older kits (even genuine
SU kits) would not.

-- Randall