[TR] Adding oil pressure gauge

v6spitfireguy at cox.net v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Wed Jun 10 10:13:02 MDT 2009

I used copper tubing.  When using copper (or steel like brake line for that
matter) you must put strain relief coils in the line to prevent stress
breakage from vibration, engine movement, etc.  What I did was at the
junction where the tube exits the sender, I have two 1 inch coils (like a
spring), and at the gauge end I have the same.  I've had it that way for
over 20 years without incident!  With steel braided of course, this would
not apply
The GT6 uses this coil relief in the clutch line from the master to the
slave.  There is no flexible hose, just a couple of coils in the hard line!
Works great, and no danger of a hose failure or collapse.

Barry Schwartz
San Diego, CA