[TR] Windshield Job

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 2 12:55:25 MDT 2009

> Is there anything else that I should know (or order) before I take my old
> w/s to a classic car W/S shop  (I think I want this done professionally,
> isn't this a good idea?).  Also, any special instructions that I should
> give
> to the Professional?

I took mine to an ordinary auto glass shop many years ago, and it worked out
great for me.  Just handed them the old assembly (less stanchions & tenons,
etc.) and let them disassemble (so they could see how it went together) and
reassemble with new glass.  I first asked if they could supply the glass;
then gave them mine after they said "No".  The shop supplied the correct
material to go between the frame and glass.  I believe they have different
filler thicknesses, to accommodate variations in glass thickness.

Randall