[TR] w/s corner brackets

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 1 18:27:01 MDT 2009

Paul,

Here is my recent experience with the corner brackets:

I only got two or three of the corner bracket screws out successfully
even after days of soaking with PBblaster and the use of an impact
driver. The remaining screws had to be drilled out. The two corner
brackets were a rusty mess but cleaned up fairly well in the bead
blaster. I managed to clean the screw remains out of the holes with a
tap and gave them a good coating of cold galvanizing compound to see if
I could slow down the future formation of rust.

>From one of the previous emails, it likes like I should have used
ATF=Acetone mix rather then PBblaster.

I haven't tried re-installing the glass yet. But I have read some
threads covering struggles with the glazing strip. It should be interesting.

Hope this helps.

Mike