[TR] Mounting a Body Tub to a TR4A Frame

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Sun Jul 12 21:57:59 MDT 2009

Jerry,
I removed the body from the frame of my 4A and noted the shims/pads that
were in place. Turns out (on my at least) it was the same all around - a
pad/metal shim/pad set up. I didn't have to do any major metal replacement
on mine and when I re-mated the tub to the frame I just matched the original
setup with new pads and shims. I did have to adjust a bit to get the hood to
close properly, but the fenders and doors didn't seem to be affected by
this. I did start on the major floor mounts and alternated one set to the
front - one set to the back. Once I had gooped enough silicone sealer in the
bolts and holes, I snugged everything down like tightening the heads bolts
on an engine - a little bit in rotation.

For what it's worth, I used TRF's body mounting kit and that made the
re-mating a breeze. I suggest using new pads and shims and not over thinking
it too much - rest assured the factory didn't! :-)

Almost guaranteed you'll need to shim the doors anyway.

Brian
http://www.induninw.com/tr4a.html

Message: 10