[TR] mounting body tub

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 21:33:09 MDT 2009

I've been re-building a tr-3 from ground up. It's a little differant because
I've had my car split in two leaving me front and rear clips.  I then had to
put the tub together, bolting the inner sill to the frame then welding the
rest together ( front clip and rear clip to inner sills and then floors to
inner sill and both clips)  Throughout this process I did not have fenders
hung or trunk or hood lids on (just inner tub).  Before I did the before
mentioned welding I hung the doors and shimmed so that door gaps were
perfect.  I now have the tub all welded together and braced and notes made as
to how many pads/shims I need at each mounting point to frame.  Next job is to
hang doors, fenders, lids ect.

As i noted this might be a little differant
from what your doing.  But what I hear most is that the car should be
built/shimmed around the doors.  Meaning shimming so door gaps are
acceptable is most important then moving on to make other panels fit.

Hope
this helps

gary n