[TR] Rear crankcase oil seal

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Fri Jul 10 07:51:39 MDT 2009

One of the things Uncle Jack found when he started using the new
improved rear seals in his race car was the instructions weren't quite
accurate.  I might be mistaken as I don't have my notes in front of me
but I think the diameter you are instructed to turn the crank was to
be turned to ended up being just a little to small in diameter.  Also
I believe he shortened the spring slightly to provide more tension and
I remember something about cutting the seal length down a little.

You could probably search the FOT email archives and come up with the
appropriate information.  If not I might be able to find my notes.
Sorry I can't provide the specific details but its been a LONG time
since Jack and I discussed the issue.  Tony might chime in with better
information as well.

Brad