[TR] Rear crankcase oil seal

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at comcast.net
Fri Jul 10 07:28:04 MDT 2009

Yes - I used the "new improved rear seal".

As many listers may know, my cousin Darryl Uprichard owns Racetorations in
the UK - a shop dedicated to the TR franchise. I spoke to him this week and
he too was removing a newly-rebuilt engine because of a leaking rear seal.
He told me he had designed a new seal he was taking to the International
Show next week and which he would be using exclusively in the future.

I don't know when the seal will be ready for prime time, and I am NOT
endorsing the product in any way, but I am so fed up with a newly rebuilt
engine having to be removed from a newly painted car:  I will wait until
Racetorations has the seal done and will get one from them.

To answer your specific question it's my understanding that the engine
should be pulled to do this.

Andrew Uprichard

  _____