[TR] It might be possible, but....

Ed Oot eoot at citlink.net
Fri Jan 30 07:35:29 MST 2009

Randall

I think you can tell it was frustrating for John as well. It sure seemed
like we did everything per the instructions. It was initially a bit of a
struggle to clear the lower bracket. Also found it necessary to remove the
coil and disconnect the fuel line at the pump to allow additional swing of
upper end of the lower shaft. Once that was cleared the box would not clear
between the radiator and the sheet metal of the inner fender. I disliked the
concept of forcing past the radiator but cautiously proceeded. We were
unable to get completely past as then the drop arm was bumping up against
the motor mount ( remember that at this point the left side of the engine is
jacked). I think it was at this point, that coupled with the problems
already encountered, along with no clear vision as to how, even if we got it
past that point, that it would clear the next obstacle, we abandoned the
effort.

I don't think you have given out bad information as others have been
successful with it.

Fortunately there were no troublesome bolts in removing the apron. I do
understand that the remounting is the greater challenge, and I don't look
forward to it. BTW we did not remove the grill. Didn't seem necessary.