[TR] It might be possible, but....

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 20:36:34 MST 2009

> There is no way that unit was coming out!

Let me be clear, John, I am not challenging you or Ed.  I have no doubt you
found what you found, I'm just trying to understand why it was different
than what I found.  It bothers me to think I've given out bad information
and wasted someone's valuable time, so I would like to know what went wrong.

>  Simply not enough clearance.

Not enough clearance where ?  What did it hit, that you couldn't get past?

> What various parts? Four bumper bolts, four bolts on top of
> the apron, 12 bolts on the sides, four bolts on the bottom,
> electrical connections, and the starting handle guide stay
> bolt.

Er, well, you left out all the screws that hold the grille in place.

> There is simply no reason in the world to even attempt to get that bugger
out

Except that's 3 major assemblies plus something like two dozen more bolts
and a dozen more electrical connections than I removed.  Not to mention the
very real possibility of having one of the caged nuts spin in it's cage.  Or
one of the tabs on the fender beads scratch the paint.

Randall