[TR] 1971 TR6 Cooling

Robert Knapp robertgknapp at yahoo.ca
Sat Jan 17 15:59:57 MST 2009

I have done a complete body off restoration of my TR6 including engine rebuild
radiator rebuild etc.  Since completion I have driven the car about 600
miles.  On very hot days 85 to 90F (that is hot here in Toronto) idling in
traffic the temperature guage gets to about the three quarter mark but has
never boiled over also at highway speed during this hot weather the guage runs
above the centre mark.  I am considering my options which I think would be to
instal an electric fan on the existing radiator (infront of or on the engine
side of the radiator) or an aluminum radiator with or without an electric
fan. I would really appreciate comments from the list regarding this issue.
Thxs, Bob Knapp.