[TR] TR3 Stone Guards

Michael Ferguson tr3a at comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 07:58:03 MST 2009

   Hmm...has  anyone  ever  used POR-15 on the area of the rear wings and
   tub  covered  by the stone guards? I've seen it done to the portion of
   the  tub  covered  by the front wings (that ridiculous sand pit behind
   the  front  wheel well), but I don't recall hearing about it under the
   stone guards. No one would ever see it, THAT'S for sure!
   DLylis at aol.com wrote:

I read online that it is a good idea to take a Dremel cutting tool and cut  a
slit just under the leading edge and out of site so that water/debris can be
flushed out from behind the guard.  This was a seal it/don't seal it
argument and I thought the don't seal it argument sounded quite reasonable  pro
vided
that you make provisions for water, etc to pass through.  We'll  see.
I have never had much luck with sealing different metals, vibration,  etc.
even with the most flexible of sealants.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO