[TR] TR3 Stone Guards

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 05:46:12 MST 2009

I don't know if this is universal, and others may comment.  I found  that the
drivers side rear fender is a considerably different shape than the
passenger side where the stone guards fit.  I never made much of it and fit  mine on,
but when a friend got to that stage in his restoration he told me he  found
the same thing.
The poor fit, I found is more caused by the parts being stamped out of
aluminum with a starting piece that is "generally" of the proper shape.   There is
a lot of material that needs trimming but when you get down to the  correct
size, I found the shape is quite good to the body.
I read online that it is a good idea to take a Dremel cutting tool and cut  a
slit just under the leading edge and out of site so that water/debris can be
flushed out from behind the guard.  This was a seal it/don't seal it
argument and I thought the don't seal it argument sounded quite reasonable  provided
that you make provisions for water, etc to pass through.  We'll  see.
I have never had much luck with sealing different metals, vibration,  etc.
even with the most flexible of sealants.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
**************Inauguration '09:  Get complete coverage from the nation's