[TR] [6pack] Crimping Bullet connectors

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 11 14:23:08 MST 2009

> Here's a pretty good picture of a bullet crimped with the
> tool http://tinyurl.com/98mxxy

Bob, is that the tool that British Wire sells?  Looks like it does a 2-point
crimp, rather than hexagonal.  I was under the impression that the 'proper'
tool did a hexagonal crimp.  Much more expensive, but also much better.

Lacking a crimp tool, I just solder.  And as you say, the original PVC
insulation generally melts for a short distance ... lots of my bullets have
a section of heat shrink to cover the melted area.

Randall