[TR] TR Controversy

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 09:19:11 MST 2009

I hate to drag this up.B  I fear fueling a heated debate.B  Yet I feel
strongly.

Yes yes...and nay to all nay-sayers...having a garage in winter IS better than
lying in the snow or on the dirt.

Seriously, for the first time in my life, I do have a garage, 24 x 40.B B The
TR3A sits inside, on 6 x 6 blocks with the steering dismantled for
installation of the steering pin modification.B  And this is happening in the
middle of January, will actually be completed today, when the best I could do
before was look through the window at a huddled, bundled bulk outside that was
the Triumph hidden in the snow, while plotting all the work that would have to
wait until spring when I would rather be driving it.B

Oh, and intriguingly, I had zero oil in the steering box.B  Today, a balmy 23
degrees without wind to penetrate to the skin, the steering box got filled
with fully synthetic 75-90.B

Amazing.B  The little things in life, eh????

Terry Smith

New HampshireB