[TR] Painting

Michael Ferguson tr3a at comcast.net
Sat Jan 10 19:13:00 MST 2009

   Thanks, guys!
   Rich,  painting a car with a roller is an entertaining concept, but by
   the  time I'm ready to paint, I will have put FAR too much effort into
   this to want to paint it with Rustoleum!
   Rick,  I have resisted the idea of spending the cash on a supplied air
   respirator.  I  figured,  hey,  it's just one car...and a small one at
   that!  How  bad can it BE?! Having just read your saga, if I decide to
   do this thing myself, I guess I'll bite the bullet.
   Rick Patton wrote:

     Back  in  2001  I  painted my TR6 at home in my garage. It actually
     came out quite nice but the fumes just about killed me. If you plan
     to  do  your  own  painting  think  fresh  air  and a mask with new
     charcoal   filters!   Pictures  and  the  story  are  on  my  site:
     http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/paint.htm
     Rick Patton
     pattonmachine.com
     75TR6sci
     74 TVR2500M
     Rich White wrote:

     One of the members of another forum painted his TR like this.
     When  he started to put it back togeather the paint came off in big
     sheets.