[TR] TR3A starter

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 05:13:10 MST 2009

In a message dated 1/1/2009 9:47:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

I just  scraped the paint off the factory connections.

This, I have done.  But it occurred to me that the battery  grounds to the
body and the motor grounds to the chassis and the body mounts are  all rubber so
the bolt passing through the body to the threads in the chassis  are the link
between the two.  I did not have the foresight to make sure  there was at
least one unpainted connection in the body mounts and I did not  chase the
threads in the chassis with a tap.  Might this be the source of  the problem, or am
I missing something?  I am going to clamp a hard ground  with jumpers to the
starter and see what happens.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
**************Stay up-to-date on the latest news - from fashion trends to
celebrity break-ups and everything in between.
(http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000024)