[TR] Auto insurance claims.

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Tue Feb 10 06:34:46 MST 2009

In a message dated 2/10/2009 5:16:37 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
opposumking at verizon.net writes:

While  that's a cute notion, experience says otherwise.

It comes down to the  claims adjuster.  Some are Demons from Hell who
thoroughly enjoy  hurting people, others are caring humans.

In fact, my insurance company, Hagerty, in my "good experience"  (I  drove my
64 E Type, insured by Hagerty, into my 63 E Type, also insured by  Hagerty)
used an independent local adjuster.

I don't know if he was dishonest or what. My body shop, which had done the
restoration, had given a pretty high estimate. When the adjuster came to see
the  damage, I explained to him why there was so much labor, and showed him.

 He told me the estimate looked good and he would approve it as is. he  then
proceeded to go to the shop and cause a lot of grief. Those are really good
guys and this ah got them all riled up tryiing to get them down on price,
allegedly including negative racial comments. (My shop is hispanic, the adjuster
filipino).

I called Hagerty and they instantly removed him, told me he was on a tryout
and we'd not see him again. They then told the shop to proceed as estimated
and  apologized profusely.

Hagerty is the greatest. I have had great experience with Allstate also. I
had extensive damage to three cars in an earthquake and Allstate was super to
deal with. They were all collector cars which carried  comprehensive only with
Allstate & all other coverage through a  collector car company.

Mike Moore
Awards.  AOL Music takes you there.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000002)