[TR] Triumph Trans-America - Latest news from the UK

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 8 12:53:25 MST 2009

Hi, Everyone

This is just to let you all know there have been recent updates to the event website at
www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk that hopefully a goodly number of you will find interesting?

To start with, 'Stagmeister' Joe Pawlak and his loyal band of smashed knucklers at Illinois Sports
Owners Association have made real progress with the car. The front and rear suspension is in place,
the body is fully painted and the engine rebuild is well underway. If you haven't seen the website
recently, there are some new pix so you can see what's going on.

Additionally, I'm now delighted to be able to confirm the route details, dates and venues (where
known and confirmed) are now on the website as well. Click on the route on the site sidebar and
apart from the latest map, you'll be able to see where "uncle jack" and I will be at any time or
date. There are still a number of things to firm up regarding events but the bare bones are now in
place. We had a major disappointment a few weeks ago when the US charity we'd hoped to work with,
decided for reasons we're still not too sure about - to withdraw from the TTACD. The search is now
on to identify and recruit a fully accredited and registered US 501c3 non-profit to work with us.
Hopefully, we'll be able to reveal all when that sanction is gained.

>From now onwards, the next stages of the event are to identify which clubs close to the route want
to join in on the Drive itself. Who wants to join a caravan and who doesn't - where each caravan
will start and finish etc etc. I'll also soon be opening the doors for 'caravanners' to book their
rallyboard or a seat in "uncle jack" as he makes his noble (and noisy) progress across Canada and
the U.S.

Four months to go now = and counting

Jonmac