[TR] TR6 Trunnions

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 16:01:31 MST 2009

I finally decided to pay attention to the front suspension on my TR6.   The
car has always driven very well but had too much negative camber in the  front
wheels.  I took all the shims out a couple or three years ago and it
improved, but not exactly right.
I have taken the suspension apart and have found what I consider to be
excess play between the vertical link and the trunnion.  I am cleaning  everything
up and rebushing but would like the lists opinion on the fit.   If I pin the
lower A arms to the floor with my foot (upper A arms removed) so  the vertical
link is, well . . .vertical, I can wiggle the vertical link at the  ball joint
about 1/4" back and forth which would translate to  camber at the wheel.  All
of the play I am talking about is between  the link and the trunnion.  I
cannot turn the trunnion down any more.
This is my question.  Since the link is steel and the trunnion is  brass,
will replacing just the trunnion correct this?  What can I expect  for play with
new trunnions?

TIA

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L