[TR] My TR6 Accident Continuing Saga Now at 2.5 Weeks

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 7 19:47:52 MST 2009

What should I do?  In my pickup I  made a 1" scratch in a lady's bumper by
following her SUV too close.  The officer on the scene told me he wrote it
up as 'minor damage'.  Six months later I find out the insurance company
sent her $900. I feel thats too much and proably the lady claimed more
damage in order to get money for a new bumper (just my guess)!   I'm sure my
Geico rates will go up due to the lady or their adjuster's negligence (if
they ever even sent one out) .  Maybe, when I'm driving and if I know that I
just 'scratched' a car, I shouldn't pull over (like the lady wanted me to
do, in this case)!

How can I avoid being taken advantage of?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey