[TR] My TR6 Accident Continuing Saga Now at 2.5 Weeks

acekraut11 at aol.com acekraut11 at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 20:10:30 MST 2009

 Well Paul, the short sarcastic answer is to not follow so close.? Hopefully you will find that humorous since that is the way I intended it.? An answer to your questions is difficult without having viewed the "scratch" in person.? Lets assume that the scratch was sufficient to require the bumper to have to be repainted..? If so, then the estimate is probably pretty accurate.? Your insurance company probably just settled it since to them it was pretty insignificant.? And unless you have had other claims or accidents recently your insurance rates were probably not affected.? Call your insurance company and ask them if you really want to know.? With the same Celica in my earlier post I was hit from behind by a kid in a Saab.? I was all set to check out the damage and if there was none to send him on his way until he got out of his car, stormed over to me and told me that it was "Poor driving on your part to stop so quick."? Heck, I was only avoiding the car in front of me who had stopped so quick also.? I called the police, which I now do ANY time I am involved in an accident and since it was night and it was dark when the accident happened it looked like there was no damage but I looked again in the daylight the next day and discovered the plastic bumper cover had the paint cracked from compression underneath.? My estimate for repair was about $500, which the other guys insurance company paid without even sending an adjuster to view my car.? So $900 12 or so years later for a much larger vehicle doesnt sound unreasonable.? And if the kid had been nice when he got out of the car I probably wouldnt have bothered to file the claim.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108