[TR] Front license plates

Barry Schwartz v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Fri Feb 6 04:08:38 MST 2009

Can't help with the mounting, but I've been driving around without a front
plate here in San Diego, on my Spitfire/GT6's, for over thirty years, and
in all that time I've only been ticketed twice that I can remember - both
were fix it tickets!  After putting it back on and getting the ticket
signed off, I would take the plate off again.  Besides looking funky, it
interferes with the cooling (blocks the grill opening substantially on my
cars, and in hot weather it will overheat with that much blockage).  I have
never heard of an actual fine, unless one didn't actually put the plate
back on in the time allowed, usually two weeks.
Did the law change??
Normally its considered an equipment violation, like a tail light out - can
you give me the VC violation that is on the ticket?  Id like to look it up
- can't believe that the city has different laws than the state...