[TR] Front license plates

David Ljung Madison team.net at daveola.com
Fri Feb 6 03:32:59 MST 2009

So - after almost a decade of driving around without front plates,
I got a ticket from the SFPD (for $100, no less) because of this
missing plate.  I was under the impression that we were grandfathered
from needing these plates because the car didn't originally come with
any way to mount front plates, but I can't find anything to back that up.

Anyways - what is the best way to mount a front plate on a TR3?

I had a front plate on my TR3 in college, mounted down from the
front bumper, but it used to get caught on driveways and the like
and would keep getting bent.  So what do people on the list do?

Dave